Chamber of Horrors is a 1966 horror film directed by Hy Averback and starring Patrick O'Neal, Cesare Danova, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Wayne Rogers and Laura Devon.
The film was released to theatres but was originally shot as a television movie and a pilot film for a proposed series called House of Wax.
Danova and Hyde-White are proprietors of a wax museum in Baltimore who, are also amateur sleuths. They are drawn into the investigation of Jason Cravette (O'Neal), an insane murderer who kills a woman and then "marries' her. They help the police capture him, but he escapes and vows vengeance on all who "betrayed" him.
The film used the gimmicks of the Fear Flasher and the Horror Horn to alert viewers to grisly moments. The film was released theatrically because it was too intense for television. The gimmicks were added (along with a few star cameos like Tony Curtis, Suzy Parker, and Marie Windsor) to increase the running time. There are plot similarities between this and Dark Intruder, which was released the previous year.
The film is narrated by William Conrad.
Chamber of Horrors was released on DVD by Warner Home Video in September, 2008 with a co-feature, The Brides of Fu Manchu.
- Patrick O'Neal: Jason Cravatte/Jason Caroll
- Cesare Danova: Anthony Draco
- Wilfrid Hyde-White: Harold Blount
- Laura Devon: Marie Champlain
- Patrice Wymore: Vivian
- Suzy Parker: Barbara Dixon
- JosÃ© RenÃ© Ruiz: Senor Pepe De Reyes
- Philip Bourneuf: Insp. Matthew Strudwick
- Jeanette Nolan: Mrs. Ewing Perryman
- Marie Windsor: Madame Corona
- Wayne Rogers: Police Sgt. Jim Albertson
- Vinton Hayworth: Judge Walter Randolph
- Richard O'Brien: Dr. Romulus Cobb
- Inger Stratton: Gloria
- Berry Kroeger: Chun Sing
- Chamber of Horrors at the Internet Movie Database
- Chamber of Horrors at AllMovie
- The Bad Movie Report(http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/C/ChamberHorrors.html)